Re: at24c i2c EEPROM driver

On Monday 11 July 2005 5:37 pm, David Brownell wrote:
> I ran into one too many board with an I2C EEPROM that Linux handled poorly,
> and got a hack attack.  Here's the result ... tested on at24c04 but it
> should work on most other chips in the at24c series without much effort.

Hmm, and it appears most other I2C EEPROMs too; I happened across a
chart with about eight vendors showing part number equivalence.
And the AT24C column was big, but maybe not the biggest.

So now what I need is some 8 pin DIP sockets on a Linux machine
and then I can use this driver to program the 24LCxx EEPROMs
used on some 8 bit microcontrollers I've got sitting around (on
the grounds that they won't run Linux).  Hmm.  :)

- Dave