w83781d.o: Subclient 0 registration at address 0x49 failed

Hi Sukhdeep,

> I booted the device using Win 2K HDD and ran SpeedFan over it. And the
> results were the same.
> At least the second chip is reading the fan speeds correctly. There
> are 4 external fans, and 2nd chip is reading out the fan speeds for
> the 3 of them.

You may need to change the clock dividers to get proper reading.

> And one more question ... Is it possible to configure the fan1,
> fan2... settings in sensors.conf for the two chips separately ?

It is under Linux 2.4, but unfortunately no more under Linux 2.6. Just
create sections with the full chip name:

chip "w83782d-i2c-0-29"

   label fan1 "Foo Fan"
   (...)

chip "w83782d-i2c-0-2d"