Ticket #: 1955

Hi Christian,

I am the author of the pc87360 hardware monitoring driver.

> I checked the versions like you told me:
> siggi:~# sensors -v
> sensors version 2.9.0 with libsensors version 2.9.0

The problem you have is expected, and is caused by a recent fix I made
to the pc87360 driver. The PC8736x chips can have their fan speed
controller disabled. I changed the pc87360 driver to *not* create sysfs
files for disabled fans, as they would always read 0 anyway.

The Soekris net4801 has no fans AFAIK, which explains why the fan
controllers are disabled.

By the time I changed the driver, I made a change to the "sensors"
program so that it doesn't complain on apprently missing fan files, but
that was after lm_sensors 2.9.0 was released.

So, either upgrade to 2.9.1, or add the following lines in your
sensors.conf file:

  ignore fan1
  ignore fan2
  ignore fan3

(If your Soekris board *does* have fans connected and you think the
PC87366 chip should be able to monitor them, we'll of course
investigate.)

--
Jean Delvare