Wrong temperature readings

Hi Roger,

> I have bunch of machines with Intel SE7210TP1-E motherboard running
> Fedora Core 2 and lm_sensors 2.8.6 (installed with yum).
>
> Some of the machines report problems with the CPU temperature beeing to
> high ("CPU0: Temperature above threshold","CPU0: Running in modulated
> clock mode")

These messages don't come from our drivers. They are either from ACPI or
from CPU-specific MCE. Search the web for "Running in modulated clock
mode" and you'll find several references to your problem.

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0404.2/1223.html

You should check if you can find anything relevant in
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone. If temperature limits are too low, try
increasing them.

As for MCE, I don't know how you can change their threshold. Maybe it's
just a matter of improving the CPU cooling.

--
Jean Delvare