Raw sensor readings

Hello,

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but I am simply wondering
what is the best way to obtain the raw readings (low order bits) from the
sensors, in order to calculate randomness. I read in the values from the
/proc/sys/dev/sensors files (using 2.4 kernel), but the values did not seem
to contain the low order bits since the fan speed and cpu temp did not
change much. Is there an easy way to access this data using libsensors, or
will that give me the same not-very-random data? Or is there a driver
available?

Thank you for your time,
John