RFC locking and rate limit updates for i2c?

Hi Grant,

> Methinks I'll change mine to not move 'val' assignment under lock
> and add blank in macro -- follow similar style.

Absolutely, I failed to comment on this - I am admittedly lost in the
flow of mails (which is why I want us to do one thing at a time).

As I said there is no point in locking during simple_strtol, so moving
it outside is better for performance and understanding, I think.

--
Jean Delvare