We will port w83792d.c to linux-2.6

Hi all,

I would like to have a question to ABIT:

Is SMM (system management mode) code accessing SMBus cotroller?
If so what are the algorithms when bus/controller is not ready?

What we have seen with bit 6 set could lead to following:
that some code did a kill transaction or device reset. Because It wasnt
our driver only thing that is left is SMM.

To proposed driver change:

Please can you try to implement some bus recovery from this situation even
if it is now somehow working? (like kill transaction after a while etc)
and not just blindly exit hoping that error does not matter.

Any other opinions?

Thanks

regards

Rudolf