BIOS Smart CPU Fan affected by lm_sensors

Hi sensors-folks,

I have MSI's K8N Neo Platinum board with a W83627THF chip.
I couldn't find the following piece of advice in the FAQ, so I had to
find out the hard way---trial and error:

Q: My Smart CPU Fan goes to full speed when I use lm_sensors!

A: The Smart CPU Fan option in the BIOS slows down the fan when
    the CPU is below a given temperature.  If your CPU temperature
    *is* below this level and the fan doesn't slow down, this might
    be caused by sensor chip initialisation.  For the W83627THF
    chip you can try replacing the line

    MODULE_1=w83627hf

    in /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors by this line:

    MODULE_1="w83627hf init=0"

Also, I have a fan that runs at RPMs below 600, so I have set
the fan divisor to 32, which seems to work fine for this chip.

Best Regards,

-- Arne
Arne John Glenstrup             mailto:panic at itu.dk
IT University of Copenhagen