Sensors on IBM eServer 335/345?

Hi,

Thanks, Jean, for the info about the "IBM Laptop detected" problem.
The i2c-piix4 bus driver now loads with no problem on this IBM eServer
335.

However, sensors-detect still isn't finding any sensor chips on this
system.  Is there a giant table somewhere that lists motherboard/chip
combinations so I can find the appropriate drivers for this system?  Or
any general guidelines to what IBM or Serverworks prefer to use with
their systems/electronics?  Could the sensor chips be proprietary?

Or has anyone used sensors on these machines and knows offhand? :)

Are there any gotchas with regards to installing the latest
i2c/lmsensors (2.9.0) on an older kernel (2.4.21)?  I know this machine
has two Xeon processors, and Xeons have embedded temperature sensors,
but have not had much luck trying to access them after inserting the
xeontemp lmsensors module - just wondering if my old kernel could have
anything to do with it.

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks,

   - Armen