Bugzilla setup for Lm_sensors

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Rudolf,
>

>>How will be situations as driver merge/name
>>change/ or obsoleted driver/ handled? Do you plan to change name
>>of sis-645 to obsoleted sis-645 or make special cathegory/whatever?
>

> This doesn't concern that many drivers so I don't think this will be a
> problem. People will simply pick the driver they use and have an issue
> with. We don't much care if that driver used to have a different name
> or has been obsoleted by a newer driver. IOW I would suggest as many
> items as we have or had driver names, regardless of the state of driver
> (we definitely have to forget what we know about the driver's history
> and only consider what the user knows - i.e. not much).

I agree.  List everything and we can and tag issues as 'OBSOLETE' or
'WONTFIX' or whatever as needed.  Even if we make an effort to exclude
old modules now, we'll still have them in the future as things age and die.

>>How for 2.6 kernels how for 2.4 tree?
>

> I guess that we will have a field for the kernel version (free input?) as
> well as for the lm_sensors version (drop down list?). This should be
> sufficient to figure out what the reporter's setup is. Anything special
> you were about to suggest?

Humm, I tried to find a reference to another project like ours which
tracks bugs in kernels as well as their own releases.  I couldn't find
one.  Alsa is pretty similar, but you can only choose one of their own
release versions.  SCSI, firewire, and usb don't even have a bug
tracking system.  (scsi and usb use bitkeeper, btw).

Speaking of Bitkeeper, should we add that to the list of possible
repository systems (CVS, SVN, and bk)?

Phil