Call for 2.9.0

Unless these same limitations apply to a particular series of kernel
releases from Red Hat.  Like it or not, there are comercial software
packages that still are only supported on relatively ancient distro's
like Red Hat 7.1 and 7.3.

The good news is that the last Red Hat 7.x errata kernel was pretty
recent.  Let me check...

Hmmm..  OK...

Red Hat 7.1 was released with a 2.4.9 kernel base but the most recent
errata kernel I see is 2.4.20-28.7
Red Hat 7.3 was released with a 2.4.18 kernel base and the most recent
errata kernel is 2.4.20-28.7

Red Hat 8, 9 and so on are of course more recent.

Unfortunately, Red Hat 2.1 Advanced Server uses a derivative of the 7.1
kernel: 2.4.9-e.24 (in Update 2).

So if we drop 2.4.9, then I think we need to test the Red Hat Advanced
Server kernel.  (Which I will volunteer to do...)  Depending on the
result of that test, I would suggest that we mention what distro kernels
are not supported (*initial* 7.1 kernel, etc.).

:v)