checksum in (i2c) eeprom driver

IMHO the eeprom driver is more of a demonstration driver than one of
great and obvious value, so achieving consensus on the value of sub-features
(checksum, Vaio) is difficult, and performace concerns are secondary.
So I don't see any value removing the code. If you want to make it
super-clean shouldn't the Vaio stuff come out too?
But I'm sure you'll disagree...
mds