Bug #1807: sensors with kernel 2.4, but not with kernel 2.6

Hi again...

* Mark M. Hoffman <mhoffman at lightlink.com> [2004-11-07 21:47:51 -0500]:
> Whatever we agree are legitimate reasons to cancel detection, I would like
> to add specific documentation for them.  I think a case can be made that
> there's *no* legitimate reason for a driver to halt detection that way...
> but I'm sure I'll hear otherwise.  As an interface, this interpretation
> of a return value (I failed so badly that you're not allowed to call me
> again) isn't my favorite.

After working on a patch for a bit... now I hate it.  Why does i2c_detect()
need to work that way?

Back to where I started: anyone mind if I rewrite i2c_detect()?  A grep
said that drivers/i2c/chips/*.c are the only callers.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman at lightlink.com