Call for 2.8.8

Done.  I left the note on the home page that Axel has kernels and tools
for RH/Fedora.  Not sure if this needs to be altered.

I also rev'ed the versions in CVS as "2.9.0-CVS" instead of leaving the
2.8.8 release version in there.  Hopefully it might help avoid confusion
in bug reports as whether they are using release code or CVS.

Feel free to dive in and expand on the release comments!

Mark, are you doing the Freshmeat announce?  Anytime should be OK, if
you want to do that.

Thanks everyone for the great work!

Phil