Myson mtp008

I noticed that this driver has not beed added to the 2.6 kernel tree.  I'm just curious if there are any plans on introducing this into the tree, or if there is a way in which I could build this for my tyan 1834 motherboard.
I am not a great programmer, but would be interested in helping if there are no plans, I have researched the chip and the differences between the lm_modules and the kernel drivers for a couple of different chips and so have some background on the drivers.
Thanks!
James Grossmann