portability issue?

> thank you so much for the explanation and I agree that it is a GREAT
> eaxample of why orpen source is preferable. I myself would make the
> switch to linux 100% if it wasn't for the fact that it still doesn't
> fully support anti-virus and cd/dvd rw type functions.

I beg your pardon?

There is anti-virus software for Linux available. Ironically, they are
only really needed if you also use Windows, since Linux viruses are
rare, to say the least.

http://www.f-prot.com/products/corporate_users/unix/
http://www.f-prot.com/products/home_use/linux/
http://www.clamav.net/

And as far as cd/dvd rw is concerned, it does work under Linux as well.
What may not work properly yet is packet-writing (UDF), but that's about
it. Regular CD burning is OK, including CD-RW and DVD.

So you can finally switch to Linux 100%. Happy? :)

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/