bmcsensors and strange sensor values.

Doh! Yeah your right, I didn't think the r value would ever be zero, but
it would have been right to check anyway and saved me a lot of time.
Just has a philosophical question, if I do get a value of 0 returned
should I be setting the fan speed to 0 (which reflects what happens when
the fan stops spinning) or to max value (which reflects what is
happening when the interval between pulses is smaller than the unit
measured)? In my case it seems the fan is spinning very, very fast so
the interval between pulses is smaller than the units they are measuring
so setting the fan speed to 0 does not reflect what is actually
happening in the chassis.

Thanks,

Peter Wilsmore

ASI SOLUTIONS