SMBus device access

Rudolf Marek wrote:

>>The spec I have (under NDA, sorry) looks like some very coarse
>>documentation done in a midday break :(
>

> I'm just curious how did you solved the that they allow you to provide
> source code? Our project under GPL so your source code must be available
> for anyone on demand.

No.  The source code must be made available _to anyone to whom he provides a
(modified) binary version_.

http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCDevelopChangesUnderNDA

"Does the GPL allow me to develop a modified version under a nondisclosure
agreement?

Yes. For instance, you can accept a contract to develop changes and agree not to
release your changes until the client says ok. This is permitted because in this
case no GPL-covered code is being distributed under an NDA.

You can also release your changes to the client under the GPL, but agree not to
release them to anyone else unless the client says ok. In this case, too, no
GPL-covered code is being distributed under an NDA, or under any additional
restrictions.

The GPL would give the client the right to redistribute your version. In this
scenario, the client will probably choose not to exercise that right, but does
have the right."

--
Cory T. Tusar
Embedded Systems Engineer

     by definition, not smart enough to debug it."  --Brian W. Kernighan