Return code of i2c transaction ignored in lm87

Hi All,

I was reading through the lm87 code and noted (unless I am missing
something...highly possible) that an error return code from the I2C layer
seems to be ignored.  First off, am I reading this right, and secondly
is this on purpose (i.e. is there some reason that this is the right thing
to do that I am not getting)?

Thanks...james