IBM BIOS version: V75SV4C

Hello there.

I just finished installing lm_sensors-2.8.7 on my linux machine with
kernel 2.6.7 installed.
Then when I run sensors-detect I encounter the following message:

 System vendor: IBM
 BIOS version: V75SV4C
Sorry, we won't let you go on. IBM systems are known to have
serious problems with lm_sensors, resulting in hardware failures.
For more information, see README.thinkpad or
http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/cvs/lm_sensors2/README.thinkpad.

Now, as far as I'm concerned this only applies to the thinkpad series.
Is there a fix for this, so I can get lm_sensors on my machine within
the next days. I don't have the patience to wait a few hundred days for
it to be fixed.

Please give me some advice on what to do next. Grateful for any answer.

Thanks!
- Jesper