Xeon II motherboard and CPU temp readings

Hi Homer:

What a small world, eh?

Assuming I can actually help you, will you give me a break on my
email account? ;)

* Homer Wilson Smith <homer at lightlink.com> [2004-06-18 16:12:54 -0400]:

>      Running Redhat 8.0, 2.4.20-24.8smp, sensors 2.6.3

That version of sensors is almost 3 years old, just FYI.

>      Dual Xeon motherboard only shows one temp reading for
> CPU's and no fan readings at all.
>
>      Using the w83627hf-isa-0290 driver.
>
>      Am I doing something wrong or can this been fixed?
>
>      Pointers to RTFM welcome.

That's pretty much the answer for the fans...

http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/cvs/browse.cgi/lm_sensors2/doc/fan-divisors

But for the temp sensors, you'll probably  need to get an updated version of
our software - the xeontemp driver wasn't added until (I think) 2.8.something
and we're now at 2.8.7.

You'll need both the I2C package and lm_sensors2 package.  This old message
might also be useful when building for RH (says 9, but applies to 8 also)

http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg03904.html

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman