---=== Lm_sensors Support DB Entry #1692 ===---

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 09:49:36AM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:

> Hi Timo,
>
> >I hadn't noticed the instructions below the tables at new drivers page.
> >
> >I added to my modules.conf:
> >options lm90 force_lm90=0,0x4c
> >
> >After that everything worked fine.
> >
> >lm90-i2c-0-4c
> >Adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at 0c00
> >M/B Temp:    +38 C  (low  =    +0 C, high =  +105 C)
> >CPU Temp:  +50.4 C  (low  =  +0.0 C, high = +55.0 C)
> >M/B Crit:   +105 C  (hyst =   +95 C)
> >CPU Crit:   +105 C  (hyst =   +95 C)
>
> Just one question: on which system did you find an LM86? We've never
> heard of it being used in any PC hardware so far.

This is a slim barebone-PC: MSI Hermes 845GV-Lite
(http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/slim_pc/slm/pro_slm_detail.php?UID=416)

The manual says that there is SMSC LPC47M133-NC, which is also identified by sensors-detect,
but it doesn't say anything about the LM86.

I haven't got the time right now to open the chassis and check if there really is LM86 installed,
but when I do, I will send you a message.

> I'll add support for the LM86 to the 2.4 and 2.6 lm90 kernel drivers as
> well as libsensors and sensors. This should be quite straightforward,
> since the LM86 only differs from the LM90 by its increased accuracy (1
> degree instead of 3) on remote temperature channel, as far as I can see.

I haven't had any problems since installing the lm90 module.

The only funny thing is that KSensors doesn't show any of the temperature while
sensors and gkrellm (kind of an infobar) do.

> I Don't have the datasheets here, so I'll verify this evening. Will
> you please test my changes before I commit them?

Unfortunately I am using debian testing as binary only, so that might be hard, but I will give it a try.

> Kiitos :)

Ole hyv? :)

--
Timo Salmi