as99127f PWM kinda working

Jean Delvare escribi?:

>>Sensors-detect tells me I have a rev.1 chip:
>>Probing for `Asus AS99127F (rev.1)'... Success!
>>    (confidence 8, driver `w83781d'), other addresses: 0x48 0x49
>>Probing for `Asus AS99127F (rev.2)'... Failed!
>>

>OK... The one I tested on was rev.2, so both must be the same for PWM.

I think i've read of rev.2 PWM too so they must be the same.

>>i2cdump tells me that the default value for 0x59 is 0x8f (without
>>having touched it since bootup)
>>

>I *think* I remember it waas 0x9f for me.

Could've perfectly been that, at least it seems to have the same effect.
We might have to study bit 0x10 though.

>>BTW, I didn't mention 0x83 before, it's just an intermediate value,
>>say 70% speed.
>>

>You *did* mention it actually.

Heh I didn't look back thoroughly enough.

>>My real name is H?ctor, I had my new accounts half set-up still and
>>that's why you got that From: name. I'll be sending email from this
>>account from now on. I don't like my nick on things like this, it
>>makes me feel that people are going to think that I'm afraid to say my
>>name or something heh heh.
>>

>No problem, I prefer it that way too. I've updated the file.

Thanks ;)

>>Please tell me your results with these and other values, so we can
>>make some tests to find out what exactly does what.
>>

>My own as99127f is a rev.1 and PWM doesn't seem to be wired on my board.
>The successful tests were on another board which doesn't belong to me
>and to which I have no access anymore, sorry.
>
>In any case I'm not really motivated to work on undocumented chips
>anymore. There's more than enough work on documented ones...

Yeah, undocumented stuff makes me wonder... If we bought a product, we
should have access to it's specifications, shouldn't we?
Anyways if I ever get to work on some kernel drivers I might give it a
look, contributing something never harms ;) and since I can work little
on documented ones (since I haven't got them to test them) there's
little else I can do.

>Thanks.

No problem, I really wanted PWM since sometimes the fan just really
drives me crazy (especially my old fan) so I started some investigation
on it.