NForce2 ATXP1 clockchip - progress

> Hi
> About that  driver - so far I've moved the funcionality of the 8dravcore into
> the module, which I'll send you probably tomorrow when I'll do the cosmetics.
> But now there's the hard part: Since I don't have any clues how to talk to the
 > chip about clocks, I did it the hard way

Maybe the clocks are elsewhere.

> Here is what I got:
> The program is using in/out commands to write dwords into CF8 and CFC
> addresses and my question is - how to translate what I got into linux
> i2c_smbus... commands?

It is not SMBUs it is writing to PCI config space
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/ralf/pub/WWW/files.html

look at ports.lst to details.

>Since it writes dwords instead of bytes I'm not sure
> what they do... And I don't know why it is using CF8 as base address instead
> of 5000 as it is in linux (can this be configured or is it using a different
> bus??)

Because its a PCI gateway :)

> The 'conversation' to read the clocks from MB is as follows (I don't know what
> is happening before except that it's scanning the bus (I think so at
> least...) and it produces a lot of trash in debugs)
> data			register
> 80000000	<- CF8	check status?
> 800000A0	-> CF8	some command? (does 80 in the beginning mean PEC?) what does
> A0 mean? register address or a command?
> 00000000	-> CFC	writting data?
> 80000000	<- CF8     check the status once again?
>
> 80000000	<- CF8	check status?
> 800000A4	-> CF8	some command? (does 80 in the beginning mean PEC?)
> 004AF71F	<- CFC	these are FSB settings and I know how to encode/decode them
> 80000000	-> CF8    don't know...
>
> 80000000	<- CF8	check status?
> 80000378	-> CF8	some command? (does 80 in the beginning mean PEC?)
> 2001500F	<- CFC	PCI/AGP settings
> 80000000	<- CF8     check the status once again?

So this can be simulated with setpci command,

maybe the overclocking is simply not in this chip but FSB is programed
by chipset. (or combination)

Hope this helps

Regards

Rudolf