clockchips via SMBus - sorry for offtopic but I can't find any help elswhere

Sounds like an interesting project.

Probably the reason why there isn't such a driver is because there
hasn't been much interest?

The drivers in our package are written by folks who wanted/needed the
driver.  So, if you want a driver for your needs, you'll have to write
it yourself.  If you can't, you may need to find somebody with a similar
interest who /can/ write the driver and work with them.  Lastly, you
could try to make someone interested in writing the driver by offering
to pay them. ;')

I suggest you try to scrape together as much technical detail on how
such a driver would work, and adapt a similar existing driver (like the
icspll driver) to work for your needs.  Another idea is to try to
reverse engineer a driver by doing a little hardware hacking to monitor
and log what happens on the I2C/SMBus while you noodle with the settings
under Windows (I'm not sure exactly how that would work... perhaps rig a
parallel port connected to the I2C/SMBus?)... of course, that's assuming
that it really is controlled over I2C/SMbus and not by, say, a CPU register.

Anyways, if you tackle the driver we'd welcome the addition to the project!

Phil