sensors-detect feedback

This IBM is a good candidate to be a guinea pig.  I understand the
consequences.  (It's a lease from work, and I do the ordering...hehehe).
Let me know how and I'll try it out and send you the results.

FYI: it is a NetVista 8303-SB3 with the following details from IBM's site:

*General Information*
<http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psg1MIGR-42671#top>

*System board/Form factor
<http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1MIGR-42919&loc=en>*

    * Micro ATX / Small Desktop (4x3)

*Processor*

    * Intel Pentium 4 with integrated L2 cache
    * 400MHz or 533MHz front side bus system

*Cache*

    * 256KB cache or 512KB on-die L2 advanced transfer cache

*Chipsets*

    * Intel 845G chipset
    * Memory Controller Hub (MCH)
    * I/O Controller Hub (ICH4) for PCI 2.2 bus
    * Integrated 10/100 Mbit LAN controller
    * SMBUS device support

*Memory*

    * 266MHz DDR (Double Data Rate) RAM
    * 2 DIMM sockets (1 open)
    * 2 - 184-pin DIMMS
    * Supports a maximum memory up to 2.0GB
    * ECC not supported
    * Option part numbers for memory
      <http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1MIGR-42888&loc=en>

*Hard disk drive features*

    * ATA-100
    * Enhanced Local Bus IDE controller
    * Read/write cache
    * 7200RPM
    * Option part numbers for hard disk drives
      <http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1MIGR-42926&loc=en>

*IDE controller*

    * Integrated in ICH4
    * Single controller
    * 2 separate channels, 4 drive support

*CD-ROM drive*

    * Enhanced IDE/ATAPI interface
    * Less than 85 ms average access time and 128 KB buffer for
      look-ahead cache
    * 12 cm and 8 cm disc compatibility (8 cm horizontal mount only)
    * Front load tray and front panel audio jack and volume control
    * Dust seal enclosure
    * Option part numbers for CD-ROM drives
      <http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1MIGR-42926&loc=en>

*Onboard audio*

    * Integrated PCI AC'97
    * ADI 1981A CODEC
    * Microphone, Line-in, line-out / headphone out
    * Integrated digital audio
    * SoundMAX 3.0 with SPX
    * Software-based audio (done by processor and ICH4)

*Power management*

    * APM 1.2 and ACPI 1.0 compliant
    * OnNow support
    * Power-on suspend supported (soft on)
    * S3 supported, wake from USB & keyboard

*Power supply*

    * 160 watt supply with variable speed fan
    * 110 volt or 220 volt operation controlled by a switch on the back
      of the unit

*Networking*

    * Integrated Intel 10/100 Ethernet with (Wake on Lan) or
    * Integrated Intel 10/100/1000 Ethernet (gigabit)
    * Option part numbers for networking
      <http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1MIGR-42900&loc=en>

*Keyboard and mouse*

    * IBM Standard PS/2 104 key keyboard
    * IBM Standard PS/2 2 button mouse
    * Option part numbers for keyboard and mouse
      <http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1MIGR-42905&loc=en>

*Operating systems*

    * Microsoft Windows 2000
      <http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1MIGR-4CLPPT&loc=en>
    * Microsoft Windows XP Professional
      <http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1XBRD-WINXP&loc=en>

*NOTE:* Preloaded software utilizes the disk-to-disk recovery
<http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1MIGR-4UFUYK&loc=en>
method.

*Security*

    * U-Bolt anchoring feature (U-Bolt assembly is optional; supports
      optional padlock)
    * Security slot (for attachment of optional cable lock)
    * Power-on password
    * Configuration password (administrator password)
    * Boot sequence control

*Promise of Value (POV)*

    * Offers both platform and user authentication
    * Executes all private key-related Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
      operations right on the chip
      (requires download of security software from IBM)
    * Designed to enable secure storage of private keys (requires third
      party digital certificate)
    * Supports industry standard cryptographic interface (MSCAPI and
      PKCS#11)
    * Provides more secure access authentication by coordinating with
      Windows logons
    * and strengthening Lotus Notes logons
    * Encrypts and decrypts files, folders and messages with 1024-bit
      digital signature and up to 256-bit key exchange
    * Digital signatures allow non-repudiation and data integrity
    * Integrates with biometrics and proximity badges
    * Adheres to the Trusted Computing Platform Alliance (TCPA)
      specification established by over 150 companies
    * C2 tamper evident switch

*NOTE:* Promise of Value kit is only available on selected models

*External ports*

    * Six USB (two in front, four in back) [Ver 2.0]
    * One ethernet RJ-45
    * Two serial 9-pin
    * One parallel (EPP, ECP), IEEE 1284
    * Keyboard and mouse ports
    * Audio line in, audio line out and mic audio jacks

*Slots*

    * Slot 1: low profile, 32-bit AGP 4X (1.5v)
    * Slot 2: low profile, 32-bit PCI 2.2 (5v)
    * Slot 3: low profile, 32-bit PCI 2.2 (5v)
    * Slot 4: low profile, 32-bit PCI 2.2 (5v)

*Bays*

    * Bay 1: 5.25-inch, half-height 1.6-inch, external access,
      CD-ROM/DVD-ROM
    * Bay 2: 3.5-inch, slim-line 1-inch, external access, floppy disk drive
    * Bay 3: 3.5-inch, slim-line 1-inch, internal access, hard disk drive