Centrino (855PM, ICH4-M): 82801DBM w/o LPC Bridge/SMBus?

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 02:31:53PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > you are right about the CVS renaming pain. I've renamed it back to
> > it original name.
> >
> > Are you considering switching to subversion?
>
> No.
>
> Now, if you tell me that we can switch to subversion and keep all
> the history we have in CVS at the moment (including all branches)
> and that subversion allows renaming files without losing their
> history, we might reconsider.

I think this is the case. Renaming is one of the major benefits of svn
in comparison to CVS (along with atomic commits, changesets
etc.). There is a cvs2svn script that trasnforms *,v RCS files from a
CVS repo to the svn equivalent.

> However, this means extra work for Philip Edelbrock (installing
> subversion, migrating data, updating webcvs - BTW is there a
> subversion equivalent?)

Yes, there is mod_dav_svn and viewcvs. Have a look at my test
subversion repos at

http://devel.atrpms.net/viewcvs/
http://devel.atrpms.net/svn/test1/
http://devel.atrpms.net/svn/test2/
http://devel.atrpms.net/svn/test3/

If anyone wants to test it send me a username/password off-list. I
wouldn't mind helping out with the involved infrastructure.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net