dmi_scan: exporting dmi_broken

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 07:19:09PM -0500, Mark Studebaker wrote:
> Even better is a patch that adds exactly what was added
> in kernel 2.5.34; that is,
> it puts all the detection logic in arch/i386/kernel/dmi_scan.c and
> simply exports is_unsafe_smbus.

> >>Sounds good to me.
> >

> >Blah. I should have read the rest of the thread before replying. Mark's
> >approch sounds much better (I really should have thought of it too,
> >shame on me).
> >
> >So, we have to make some changes to mkpatch so that it:
> >1* Doesn't include our dmi_scan.
> >2* Patches the kernel one.
> >
> >1 is trivial, and 2 should not be too hard.

I'd like to reroll RHL & FC kernels (2.4.20 and 2.4.22 based), and fix
also the dmi_scan issue. Has any of the above suggestions found its
way into i2c CVS (I'd love a http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/devel/i2c/
patch :)?

Or should I use one of the less favoured, but easier (for me) to
implement solutions (renaming files)?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net