dmi_scan: exporting dmi_broken

> What is the relation of drivers/i2c/dmi_scan.c and
> arch/i386/kernel/dmi_scan.c?

Ours is shamelessly ripped from the kernel. It was the quickest way to
get it working with all kernels, although it was admittedly not nice.

> It seems to be unhealthy to have two
> files of the same name, because they overwrite their symbol
> files.

Even if you build the lm_sensors modules outside of the kernel? I never
had a problem, and that's how I do it.

> Should one of these be renamed, or the two files merged?

It's a bit late to merge them (would mean that lm_sensors would only
work with linux 2.4.26 and above, at best).

Renaming it is an option, although I can hear MDS complaining from
here, because he doesn't like renaming files under the CVS repository.

I don't see any other way though.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/