i2c-nscacb.c

FYI, Frodo isn't working on the Linux i2c stuff for a while. He simply
forwarded your mail to us. We'll try to help.

> I recently came across your i2c-nscacb.c module which I need to use
> with a Microtik embedded board.  I have version 26, dated 4/09/03, and
> this is a 2.4 kernel version.
>
> I need to work with a 2.6 kernel, and if you have a later version.  I
> also need the lm87 chip module which I notice is also yours.
> Alternatively if you do not have such a version, would you like the
> version that I would then create in case anyone asks for the future?
>
> Is there any reason why these modules have not appeared in the regular
> kernels?  Do you need "user" support for such inclusion, I would be
> happy to help if I can in any way.

I never heard of the i2c-nscacb driver. Google doesn't provide much
information. In any case that's not one of our drivers, so it's unlikely
we can help.

As for the lm87 driver, it hasn't been ported to Linux 2.6 yet. Porting
chips represents much work, and we are doing our best with the help of
various contributors, but still this is a rather slow process. You are
the second person to ask for the lm87 driver, but nobody has volunteered
to port it so far. If you want to give it a try, I recommend that you
read Documentation/i2c/porting-clients and
Documentation/i2c/sysfs-interface as found in the Linux 2.6.5-rc1 (and
later) tree. It's definitely easier to port a drivers for which you have
a chip to test on.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/