[Fwd: PATCH: bmcsensors and i2c-ipmi port to 2.6]

Yes, just to clarify I was referring to the sysfs_ops as defined in
sysfs.h (and described in Documentation/filesystems/sysfs.txt).

struct sysfs_ops {
        ssize_t (*show)(struct kobject *, struct attribute *,char *);
	ssize_t (*store)(struct kobject *,struct attribute *,const char *);
};

However subsystems such as device.h are free to define their own
implementations, as also described in
Documentation/filesystems/sysfs.txt as an example, device.h defines

	ssize_t (*show)(struct device * dev, char * buf);
	ssize_t (*store)(struct device * dev, const char * buf);

and maps to the sysfs callbacks by the following code:

static ssize_t
dev_attr_show(struct kobject * kobj, struct attribute * attr, char * buf)
{
         struct device_attribute * dev_attr = to_dev_attr(attr);
         struct device * dev = to_dev(kobj);
         ssize_t ret = 0;

         if (dev_attr->show)
                 ret = dev_attr->show(dev,buf);
         return ret;
}

So the main problem for people writing sensors is that for some reason
in the device.h implementation of the sysfs callbacks the attribute
parameter was removed, I can only think there is a good reason for this
(does anybody know why?). I suppose one method might be to implement our
own set of callbacks for i2c - but because of the kobject hierarchy (as
far as I can see - I could be wrong) we need to go through the device
implementation to create the proper sysfs directory structure.

Yani