[Fwd: PATCH: bmcsensors and i2c-ipmi port to 2.6]

Greg,

> Yani Ioannou wrote:
>
> > I can't imagine why
> > the device sysfs callbacks don't pass information on the file they
> > pertain to, like the base sysfs callbacks, I can only think there
> > must be a good reason, or something I'm missing.

See how I am not the only one complaining about the lack of an
additional parameter to i2c sysfs callback functions, that would let us
have a single callback function for several similar sysfs entries, much
like we were doing in 2.4.

Now that Yani seems to pretend other (non-i2c) sysfs callback functions
work that way, I am even more confused and really wonder why it was
decided we would not be able to use that possibility.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/