request for drivers

Quoting James A Hunsaker IV <james-hunsaker at uiowa.edu>:

> SMSC 47B27x Super IO Fan Sensors
>    -There was a support ticket about this, and it was to be added to
>     the new drivers page, but I cannot find it.

Correct, I plain forgot to add the new LPC Super-IO chips on the new
drivers page, will do that this evening. Thanks for reminding me.

>From what I remember of my datasheets reading, the 47B27x should be
fully compatible with the 47M10x chips, so the smsc47m1 driver should
work. Please find attached a patch which adds the 47B27x device ID to
the smsc47m1 driver. After applying it, you should be able to load the
driver, and hopefully it will work out-of-the-box.

Please provide feedback so that I know if I should apply this patch to
our CVS repository.

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare