i2c-amd756 and dual opteron sensors not foun

Hi Again

On Mar 1, 2004, at 10:53 AM, Jean Delvare wrote:

> FYI, the problem is not with the ADM1027 itself (if that's what it is)
> but with activating the AMD-8111 bus it is supposed to be connected
> to.
>
> This much ressembles the hidden SMBus problem seen on ICH2 and ICH4
> chips, as well as some ALi chips if I remember correctly. But we've
> never seen it on AMD's so far, and I don't know how we can get
> information about it.
>
> If you know anything about how we could activate that hidden 8111 bus,
> please let us know!

I really appreciate your efforts here guys. This is is what I got back
from the vendor, who said this was from the motherboard engineer (
assume from MSI). Those locations look like physical locations from the
manual or something.

How can I explain the concept of "activating the AMD-8111 SMBus" to
him? What do you need - memory locations to address the chip with?

thanks
charles