W83L785R Support

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response!

> > What video card is it?

Its a GeForce 5600 MX, made my MSI - Part Number FX5600-VTD256. I've got no
idea how the I2C bus gets put on the system normally, no bus was detected.
Would the NVidia chip have the I2C controller in it or something? As you can
see, I don't know a lot about how I2C works in the computer - in fact I just
got lm_sensors working on Thursday!

I ended up lifting the two leads on the SSOP chip that were SCL and SDA, then
putting them to the connector on the motherboard with wires...

> If you want to test it, Colin, it would be nice.

Alas, I'm using Kernel 2.6.0. It appears that driver was made for 2.4.x
kernels (make sense considering it was made before 2.6!). I know very little
about linux drivers, so I doubt I will be able to port it. I might try
though, I was just comparing the drivers for a 2.6 vs 2.4 to try and figure
out what you I've got to do... hmm.

I might end up doing what I am now... just use i2cdump 0 0x2d to read the
data... not very nice, but it works!

Regards,

 -Colin