Dependency problem during compile

Jean,

I spent some more time on the issues, but still didn't get beyond the
compile problems I was having. n.b. basically the compile finishes
with..
"
<snip>
cc -M -MG -I. -Ikernel/include -I  -fpic -Wall -O2  lib/proc.c | \
        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/proc.ld lib/proc.lo: Makefile
'`dirname lib/proc.ld`/Module.mk' @' > lib/proc.ld
cc -M -MG -I. -Ikernel/include -I  -fpic -Wall -O2  lib/chips.c | \
        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/chips.ld lib/chips.lo: Makefile
'`dirname lib/chips.ld`/Module.mk' @' > lib/chips.ld
make: *** No rule to make target `linux/modsetver.h', needed by
`kernel/chips/vt1211.d'.  Stop.
"

This is true for 2.8.2 and 2.8.4 versions of the system.

Do you have any thoughts about what is wrong?

Was I correct in thinking that I can compile against a different kernel
than the one running on the compile system? The target system is an EPIA
box.

Thanks for coming back to me on this issue, its appreciated.

Regards,

Darren

--
Darren <sharman at technologist.com>