I2C on 2.6

--- Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> > What do you think about moving the 'host' class directories out of /class
> and
> > into the bus directory? For example move /sys/class/usb_host to
> > /sys/bus/usb/host, /sys/class/i2c_adapter to /sys/bus/i2c/adapter (or host).
>
> That would take some driver core changes to do this.  Also 2.7 work.
>
> > Moving the 'host' items out of /sys/class will make /sys/class have more of
> > direct correspondence with /udev.
>
> But there's no reason it has to have a directo correspondence with what
> udev sees.  udev is smart enough to only care about the devices that
> have a "dev" file.  And none of the above do, for now.  But some types
> of host controllers might in the future, who knows :)

/sys/class is starting to feel a little confusing to me. And there are a lot
more devices that don't have sysfs enabled yet that are going to end up in
/sys/class too.  Currently /sys/classs holds two classes of entries: hosts and
devs. Are you sure you don't want to get the hosts out of there before software
get written using them and it's too late to move them?

Is anything already using /class/sys/'host' entries? Or is the driver work just
what is needed to move the location of the directory?

=====
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at yahoo.com