2.6 status/FAQ page?

> I'm thinking it would be a good idea to have a separate page that
> we keep current with help and info about 2.6 kernels;
> we're getting a lot of the same questions over and over.
> What do you guys think?

Agreed. Now that more and more drivers are ported to 2.6 (which is a
good thing) but some of them still have caveats (which isn't that good),
such a page would help.

Random ideas of things we could mention of the page:

1* Which version of lm_sensors to use with each version of the Linux 2.6
kernel.

2* Which drivers exist in each version of Linux 2.6, which ports are in
progress.

3* Known problems with ported drivers.

This could also be the place for a call to fingers for porting chip
drivers. While almost all bus drivers have been ported, only 25% of chip
drivers have been. I will be working on adm1025 soon, and I know we have
people working on vt1211 and bt869 (possibly waiting for some input from
me, I apologize). Some other drivers would be really needed (I think in
particular of lm80 and w83627hf, which various users have been crying
for).

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/