Need advice, writing new driver.

Most likely you do this by setting the 801 to i2c mode and using
what 801 calls the i2c variant of the process call. (two bytes at a
time).

I don't see any way to get block reads w/ two-byte addresses to work on
the 801.

If you see any other way to do it let us know.

In either case the steps to follow would be:
	- define new functionality in i2c.h (already done for 2-byte block
read)
	- define new transaction type in i2c.h
	- add support for the transaction to i2c-i801
	- add support for the transaction to i2c-core
	- (extra credit) add support for smbus emulation of the transaction
	   on i2c adapters to i2c-core.
	- decide how to access the data - mods to eeprom or new driver,
	  mods to i2cdump, mods to i2c-dev.h, ... (see
doc/developers/applications for your options)
	- implement whatever you decide
	- test
	- send us a patch