Matrix Orbital driver

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Philip Edelbrock wrote:

> I haven't had any experience with a/the keypad.  Doing some quick
> searching, I noticed some info with using a keypad with a serial port
> arrangement, but I don't know if it works with I2C.  Communication from
> a chip to the bus master on a I2C/SMBus is a bit tricky and isn't the
> norm, and wouldn't be implmented in a client chip driver.

Phil was kind enough to donate me one LCD with a "broken" firmware. This
would stuck the SCL low for good on any read attempts. Otherwise working
unit.

For the keypad, you would just poll with a read byte (?) command,
and it returns nonzero if something was pressed. I don't know if there
is any queue, but how fast a typist are you, really?

There is a patch for (old) LCDProc to do /dev/i2c-x, somewhere.

--
  Ky?sti M?lkki  <kyosti.malkki at welho.com>