Matrix Orbital driver

I haven't had any experience with a/the keypad.  Doing some quick
searching, I noticed some info with using a keypad with a serial port
arrangement, but I don't know if it works with I2C.  Communication from
a chip to the bus master on a I2C/SMBus is a bit tricky and isn't the
norm, and wouldn't be implmented in a client chip driver.

So to answer your question: e) all of the above   ;')

Phil