sensors shows uninteresting chips

Hi all,

The sensors program displays all i2c chips it'll find even the ones that
do not have sensors interface. For example, I have a DC10+ capture
board, and sensors will display entries for the adv7176 and the saa7110
that live on it. This has no interest and sensors would better keep
quiet about them IMHO.

For this reason, I plan to add a command line switch to ignore unknown
chips. But I'm wondering if displaying them should still be the default,
or if we should hide them by default (thus the switch would show them
again). Since I don't see any interest in showing them, I'd opt for the
second choice, but sometimes you have reasons I ignore. I remember I
once proposed to hide adapters and algorithms by default, without
realizing how valuable it was when it comes to helping users in support
tickets and on the mailing-list. Maybe there's something similar for
unknown chips? Can't think of anything, but maybe one of you will.

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/