Call for 2.8.2 soon

> How about if I tar up my /sys and send it to you for testing?
> Then you could test on 2.4.

Thanks for the proposal, but that wouldn't have been a good idea. This
would have left me in my laziness and I would never have installed 2.6.
Now this is done :)

I have 2.6.0-test11 up and running on my other (non-laptop) computer.
Couldn't get it on my laptop (which is also my main development system),
it's getting too old and I would have had to update half a dozen system
tools and libraries. The other system is much more recent and I could
get 2.6.0-test11 to work on it, almost perfectly. I have sound working,
my DC10+ board also works (although the visual quality is rather poor,
don't know why). I also have a brand new LCD display on that machine,
(which in turn could become my main development system again ;)) and
have a 1280x1024 framebuffer console and X running with reasonable
performance (you don't need too much for a text editor and a shell). And
now I also have sensors working. Eeprom support is missing though, and
for some reason the via686a driver failed to detect my hardware, while
it used to do. I don't really care because the chip is actually not
wired so it returns useless values, but this probably means there's
something waiting for us to fix it in there.

The eeprom problem isn't really important, I think. We could even
consider disabling detection in sensors-detect for a while, until the
problem is fixed. Since eeprom contents are now returned in a binary
form, I guess it'll be harder to get it to work through libsensors.
Same problem for decode-*.pl scripts I guess.

Anyway, I will now be able to test and develop on a 2.6 system, so feel
free to request my assistance whenever needed.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/