EEPROM read/write user space program

I could also change in "your system will brake, very very VERY much" :)

I think that defaulting to 8bit makes sense, I agree with you. It will be more
safer or, better, less devastating. Reading from a 16bit using 8bit will just
confuse the eeprom that can return wrong values (usually 0xff). Writing just
don't work or at least not on eeproms I used for testing.

So I'll change to 16bit default as soon as possible (and I'll add a -16
switch).

I was trying to figure out if there's a non-euristic mode to detect the eeprom
type without writing to it but, before trying, I want to buy a new 8bit
eeprom because I don't want to play with my dimm spd (that btw is not write
protected)!

I'll let you know.

Thanks for the proofreading work :)

stefano