i2c/kernel i2c-algo-bit.c

correct. cycle time is 3/2 of advertised, frequency is 2/3 of
advertised,
clock is not a 50/50 duty cycle.

I'm uneasy with bit_test the default, but if you've identified the
reason for matroxfb problems and that's the best way to fix it then
perhaps it's best.

On the TODO, that was for background. I think our goal should be to
port the most important improvements from i2c-algo-biths back to
i2c-algo-bit.
It was unfortunate that Kyosti decided to start a new driver...