Datasheet for IT8712F

> I've realised that I've actually got an 8712 (not an 8702 as I
> previously thought) and I notice that this is noted as "untested" in
> the it87 doc.  Is this doc uptodate?  Have you had any reports of
> people having had success with the temperature sensors in this chip
> when using the it87 driver?

I think the doc is rather up-to-date. Browsing the list, I did not see
many posts about that chip.

> BTW, I cc all these emails to sensors at Stimpy.netroedge.com thinking
> that this is a mailing list.  But is it?

Yes it is.

> Looking through the website, I haven't found any way to actually
> subscribe to this list or (better still) view the archives ;-(  Am I
> being thick?

This is a highly restricted mailing-list, that is why. You need to
become a member of our secret organization first.

Just kidding ;) There is no automated process for subscription. If you
would like to be subscribed, ask Philip Edelbrock.

The archives are freely browsable here:
http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/

> I'll start ploughing through these documents now (if only acroread
> would stop crashing...)

Use xpdf. Providing you enable TTF and Type1 fonts support (through
libt1 and libfreetype) it offers a nice and reasonably fast rendering.
  http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/
And this is free software :)

--
Jean Delvare