sensors on asus p4p800

Hi,

I just apgraded my PC, and installed kernel 2.4.22, with i2c patch, and
lm_sensors 2.8.1.

eveything works wonderfully ... except one strange thing.

The motherboard P4P800 has the ability to slow down the cpu fan when its
temperature is  cold enough. (as many other cards do).
At boot time, it starts at full speed and then quickly slow down during
the POST stage.

Then ...
the modules used by lm_sensors loads, and the fan speeds up.
In fact at the very moment w83627hf.o loads, it speeds up.

I tried manually : no module at boot time, then modprobe w83627hf :
jackpot, fan speeding up.

Have anyone ever noticed such a thing ?
Is the module itself over-heating the CPU ?? (don't ask me how or why ..
have never seem a flamethrower inside my PC ... )

It's too bad, cause there's no interest in monitoring something if the
simple fact to monitorit makes it have a constant (and noisy) value ...

thanks for your help,

as I really need a silent room to get my sleep back :-)