i2c for Alpha

I have located a block diagram for my server. It appears that the I2C bus
hangs off the XBUS(?), whatever that is. Perhaps this is why I can't detect
anything?

>From a description of the Alpha 2100- I don't know if this is the same as
mine.

"Electrical and architectural restrictions prohibited the
interrupt control logic from being directly accessed by either
the system bus or the PCI bus. As a result, the interrupt control
logic is physically located on a utility bus called the XBUS. The
XBUS is an 8-bit slave ISA bus placed nearby the PCI-to-EISA
bridge chips."

The two pages from the docs are at

http://www.jdfiles.org/a.pdf and
http://www.jdfiles.org/b.pdf