i2c for Alpha

I am now the proud parent of a Digital Server 5000, based on a 533Mhz Alpha.
This is the 'Rawhide' platform and was designed for NT on Alpha
installations. It most certainly has an I2C bus of some sort on it. I have a
functioning Linux install on it now and would like to experiment with
hardware monitoring. I will most likely need some coaching as I work my way
through the problems I encounter. Is there a list where I should direct my
questions? Alternately, does anyone want to volunteer to work with me on
this?