Userquestion: A/D-Converter on Parport

> So I bought a I2C 7Bit-Adress ADS1110 (ADS1110A0IDBVT by
> TexasInstruments) 16-Bit and would like to mount it to a
> i2c-philips-par wireing. The Datasheet of the ADS1110 can be found at:
>
> http://www-s.ti.com/sc/ds/ads1110.pdf
>
> But howto talk to the ADS1110 ? Is there a simple C Program/Example?
> Is it hard to write sutch a driver? Do I have to be root to read out
> the values? Are there other known similar projects to mine?

Writing a driver isn't too hard, since i2c-core takes care of all the
protocol and kernel details. All you have to do is to write a chip
driver. Take a look at the pcf85xx chips we already have drivers and
docs for. I'd expect your ads1110 to be a chip of the same kind. Follow
the guidelines found in doc/developers/new_drivers.

If you ever have a driver working, please send it to us together with
documentation and we'll make it part of our distribution.

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/